Neda Eagle Cobb has resided in the City of Wauchula since 1964. She is a 1980 graduate from Hardee Senior High School & received her Associate Degree along with an Office Systems Specialist Certification from South Florida Community college.
She began employment with the Hardee County School Board in 1994, and currently serves as a Data Processing Coordinator at the district office. Previously, she was employed by Troy Cobb & Sons, Inc. (1977 to 1993), serving as a payroll clerk and participated with all aspects of the family owned & operated agricultural business which grew, packed, shipped, and sold fresh produce, including; cucumbers, squash, and specialty peppers.
Neda has two daughters, Stephanie and Valerie, both graduates from Hardee Senior High School & South Florida Community College. Stephanie also graduated from Florida Gulf Coast University earning her Bachelors of Science in Nursing. Valerie also attended Florida State University, go Noles!
Neda has been involved in the local community in the follow capacity:
- District 1 City Commissioner, August 2014 (elected for a 2-year term), 2016 (elected for a 4-year term-ending in 2020), 2020 (elected for a 4-year term-ending in 2024).
- Began serving as Mayor Pro Tem, September 2014.
- Appointed for 1 year to serve as District 1 City Commissioner, August 2013.
- Currently serves on the Central Florida Regional Planning Council (appointed November 2013), Chair 2020, Council member, Finance Committee, & Executive Committee.
- Ridge League of Cities, currently serving as President 2020-21, Board member, served as Treasurer, Secretary, Vice-President, served on Nettie Draughon, Scholarship, & Conference Committees.
- Completed training workshop with IEMO, Institute for Elected Municipal Officials presented by the Florida League of Cities, January 2014.
- Hardee County School Board, District winner, School Related Employee of the year (2009-2010) & School Related Employee of the year - District office (1997).
- Served as a back stage mom and member of the Hardee County Players (2004 to 2006).
- Volunteered for school events for both daughters at Hardee Senior High School & Hardee Junior High School: JV & Varsity Softball, Little League Softball, Cheerleading, Hardee Junior High Band, and Project Graduation.
Neda Cobb, serves as Commissioner for District 1 as well as the Mayor Pro Tem.